Toby & Emma Wedding Pix

26 October 2017

Ruth's Chris, Toronto

 
In Toronto Joan took me to my favourite steak house chain, Ruth's Chris. The petite filet was, as always, superb as were the crisp plentiful chips and generous house salad. Service was impeccable. They asked if we were celebrating and we told them it was my birthday.

Usually I order a Ridge Zinfandel, but the Toronto branch didn't list it. Instead, I was delighted to see, they had my all time favourite Baco Noir from nearby Henry of Pelham , this was the Speck Family Reserve 2015. It was gorgeous and perfectly complemented the steak. And this branch of Ruth's stocked English mustard, sadly lacking in the USA.



And afterwards they brought this complementary rich chocolate birthday cake complete with candle!


Several days later while staying at Niagara Falls I again visited Henry of Pelham's vineyard and winery. I couldn't carry home any bottles of Baco this time but I did buy a 200ml bottle of Vidal Ice Wine to squeeze into my case.  

.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment