Toby & Emma Wedding Pix

25 December 2022

Christmas Day

Christmas lunch with  Peter & Sue and Peter’s sister Sarah so they did all the shopping and cooking and opened their cellar.


We enjoyed a super meal, the best turkey I have had. Sarah said she knew nothing about wine but had been told they’d picked my favourite. When we arrived Peter was decanting a wine I recognised from the distinctive label as The McRae Wood, but we started - of course - with Champagne.


With the roast a wine was poured from a decanter and it was so full bodied and packed with fruits. Sarah said it was the best wine she’d ever tasted and that it was ‘silky’. I concurred and was very pleasantly surprised to learn it was Ch Batailley 2013. I’d bought half-a-dozen EP but drank the last one in April 2021, I should have kept them longer. McRae Wood was great and the Cabernet Sauvignon ice-wine a succulent companion to Christmas pudding with custard.


We went home with stomachs bursting and full of Christmas cheer.





No comments:

Post a Comment