Toby & Emma Wedding Pix

13 July 2022

Oslo Court


To St John’s Wood and the incomparable Oslo Court. What a pleasant surprise to be greeted by Neal who chided us for leaving it so long. We last saw him in February 2020. We expressed our delight in seeing him, but when we said we were told last month that he was only working lunches he was puzzled and assured us he was working evenings…

We started on the Melba toast and crudities and turned down the warm bread roll while sipping a glass of lovely house Champagne and I saved some to go with my starter of whitebait.



As usual I had Escalope of Veal Holstein with Pommes Lyonnaise, this time accompanied with green beans and broccoli, and a few of Joan’s fried courgette batons.


As usual I couldn’t finish this huge portion and was again chided by Neal for not clearing the plate, but that didn’t stop him from tempting me with desserts. He wouldn’t leave without taking an order, ‘just a taste’… 



I weakened and had a lemon tart that really tasted of lemon. (And Neal added some raspberries and two scoops of vanilla ice cream)


But that wasn’t the end, there were also petit fours to go with coffee.


And then I heaved myself to St John’s Wood tube station to start the journey home

No comments:

Post a Comment