Toby & Emma Wedding Pix

27 January 2021

Around the World - Italy



Our Around the World in lockdown Food and Wine Tour continued with Italy as Country No. 3.  

20210127-pollo-alla-pizizaiola-wine

2019 Collezione di Paolo Chianti (Italy, Tuscany, Chianti)

Chianti has fallen out of fashion, at least in our house, and I don’t know why. We used to drink a lot of (what I expect was cheap cash & carry ones) in Italian restaurants when we were younger.
This was delicious, 95% Sangiovese and so drinkable, as claret lovers this was like a ripe claret.

With it we had

Pollo alla Pizzaiola.

This was a dish I frequently ordered in l'Italia the small family run and award winning Italian restaurant in St Albans then one day I thought “I can make this at home”.


I put a layer of tomato sauce in a baking tray, lay the chicken breasts on top - these are breast strips - sprinkle with capers and halved stoned olives, cover with another layer of tomato sauce, then bake in fan oven for 30 mins at 180C.

Served with steamed sugar snap peas and olive oil sautéed halved new potatoes and baby sweetcorn (the sweetcorn and peas were ordered by mistake from Waitrose so I thought I’d better use them).


Thanks to Toby for the Chianti.


Country 2 was South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment