Toby & Emma Wedding Pix

28 June 2019

Barefoot Wine (through dark glasses)

This was outside Marks & Spencer in St Albans this afternoon. 


On the trays they were giving passers-by Sauvignon Blanc and Malbec. The savvie was dry, not as crisp and gooseberry sharp as I prefer but better then many insipid savvies I’ve had in pubs. 

The Malbec wasn’t bad, fruit without the jammy sweetness I associate with Barefoot. One could taste any wine they had in the van. 

The only other red was a Shiraz and I was pleasantly surprised in that it was noticeably dry with tannins. Would I rush out now and buy a bottle of Barefoot?    No, but I’m much more pleasantly disposed to them than I was before the tasting, and if there were a glass of Barefoot Shiraz in a pub I’d go for it, if only to taste it properly in a glass. 

Horrible little plastic beakers of course; but I did score a pair of Barefoot branded sunglasses!

No comments:

Post a Comment